interested candidates can share their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: HR Manager
Location: San Bruno, CA
JOB TYPE: Full Time Permanent
- Be the first layer of protection for the company against risk and liability – maintain HR compliance and manage legal risk. Proactively recognize risks and utilize appropriate resources to achieve results
- Develop, support and communicate policies and procedures. Ensure compliance by keeping current with the regulatory environment and proactively addressing changes in legislation and legal requirements.
- Oversee exempt and non-exempt payroll, benefits administration, and audit preparation
- Help manage the HR team consisting of 1 HR Coordinator, 1 Office Coordinator and 1 Admin Assistant
- Complete assessments in core areas (HR processes, benefits and compensation, risk management) and conduct audits when needed
- Oversee company benefits and act as an internal resource for all employee compensation and benefits related needs.
- Manage the administration of leaves of absence across our global locations
- Manage the administration of the company’s 401K plan, prepare related employee communications and conduct audits to ensure accuracy of plan information.
- Coordinate on-boarding and off-boarding processes to enhance new and departing employee experience.
- Coordinate salary analysis, advise management on incentive/variable pay plans, and participate in job design and evaluation. Provide analysis of compensation as it impacts retention strategies
- Perform administrative duties to ensure the accuracy of employee records and to create reports, analyze data, and make recommendations to the team and stakeholders on key issues and next steps for special projects
- Manage and update all personnel files and continuously improve the functionality of our HRIS
- Use data to make key people decisions and recommendations
Key Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources, including experience as an HRBP or Generalist.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Solid understanding of employment law, organizational development, employee relations, compensation, and benefits.
- Strong ability to manage HR projects and deliver outcomes on a timely manner and with a sense of urgency
- Customer-focused. You recognize that all employees are your stakeholders and you prioritize supporting them.
- Resourceful, detail-oriented and results driven
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be a direct, articulate and thoughtful communicator
- Experience developing strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Demonstrated experience with HR metrics
- Business experience supporting a large, complex, and diverse organization of over 200 employees with multiple locations
- Proficient in federal and CA state laws
- Knowledge of NY, NJ, WA employment law preferred
- Knowledge of international employment law preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and sensitive situations
- Knowledge of using HRIS as a system of record
- Employment-based visa/immigration experience is a plus
- Experience working in Human Resources at a technology company
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus
- Catered lunches 4 days a week (the 5th day is reserved for team fun)
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation time
- Fun team events every week, month, quarter and pool, ping pong, life-size Jenga every day
- Startup experience in a fast-growing company and the chance to grow into your dream role
- A thoughtful leadership team that has done this before with great success
- A playful and diverse team eager to meet you
- A new MacBook Pro when you start