interested candidates can share their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role : Sr. Oracle DBA
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 6 months Contract to Hire
Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company databases. Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance: resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of DBMS.
- Support of Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL Databases. What is the Top Database required (assuming Oracle)?
- Maintain production, staging, development, and test database instances.
- Administer and maintain policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of all databases.
- Server and workstation HW/SW system installations, configuration, upgrades, patches, and maintenance.
- Maintenance of configuration documentation and system procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems quickly, as well as, work the issue resolution to completion.
- Must be available to support a flexible work schedule.
- Participate in a scheduled on call rotation with other DBA team members.
- Provide assistance to developers and data analysts in the creation and tuning of SQL statements.
- Provide leadership, technical support, user support, technical orientation, and technical education activities to project teams and less senior staff.
- Manage change requests between development, staging, and production environments.
- Update and modify database structure and data while ensuring database integrity, stability, and system availability.
- The application of system analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, database, or system functional specifications.
- Research, develop, implement, and maintain backup and recovery procedures for database systems.
- Manage capacity planning, disaster recovery and performance analysis, develop and maintain database objects, structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting, test database design and functionality, tuning, system performance, and trouble shooting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.