Position: Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: Secaucus, NJ
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) for LogRhythm.
- Onboard log sources, ensure parsing, correlation, automation & orchestration (SmartResponse), and reporting
- Develop and document solution processes, procedures, and information workflows around security event management and cyber security operations.
- Interface effectively in key relationships, including IT peers (e.g. IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, etc.) internal business partners (e.g. Compliance/Privacy, Legal, Corporate Communications, etc.), key external clients (e.g. service providers, external partners, etc.) and other leaders and partners within IT and the broader enterprise.
- Apply a methodology to help identify key security events.
- Develop and publish key metrics for the team to illustrate value and accountability.
- Correlate threat intelligence with active attacks and vulnerabilities within the enterprise.
- Analyze security events collected by the SIEM, and identify trends, attacks, and potential threats.
- Maintain a current knowledge of information security vulnerabilities, threats, and exploits.
- Other duties, as assigned. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of Information Security or related technology experience
- 3+ years of Information LogRhythm Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM) Experience
- 3+ years with advanced knowledge of network protocols, routing and switching in complex environments
- 3+ years experience with Firewalls, IDS/IPS, and Proxies.
- Required to have been trained by LogRhythm in Administration and Advances curriculum.
- Required scripting in PowerShell, and XLM for SmartReponse
- Desired scripting in Python
- Desired understanding of National Institute of Standards and Technology Frameworks
- Experience with using the command line interface (Unix, Linux, and Windows)
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentation skills, are important to be successful in this role. Proven ability to professionally and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, as well as with external parties.
- Demonstrated ability to influence a larger team to perform towards the same goal.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Highly analytical and methodical, with strong problem-solving ability on complex subjects.
- Highly productive and resourceful, carries “Can do” attitude in approaching challenges, and a true self-starter.
- Critical thinking and contextual analysis abilities.
- Inherent passion for information security and service excellence.
- Deep knowledge of security issues, techniques, and implications across multiple technology platforms.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding, at an enterprise level, of application, network, infrastructure, and data security architecture.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, work well in a demanding dynamic environment, and meet overall objectives.
- Ability to work under pressure, and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with associates, counterparts and external customers.