This is an urgent position with our client and they are willing to hire ASAP. Kindly go through the requirement and if you are available and interested for this requirement please feel free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-401-1081.
Job Title: Principal Hadoop Software Engneer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
About Oracle Utilities (Opower)
At Oracle Utilities (Opower), we’re applying cutting-edge computer science to one of humanity’s greatest challenges: Energy. Our utility customers in the United States and abroad give us energy usage data for tens of millions of their customers, which we then analyze and aggregate using state-of-the-art tools such as Hadoop, HBase, and Spark. If you are a top-notch engineer looking for a fast-paced place to work while being surrounded by highly skilled and driven peers, then Opower is the place for you.
About the Job
The Opower Data Platform team is responsible for all of the big data infrastructure that powers our SaaS analytics platform. Our team manages the services that ingest hundreds of millions of smart meter data reads a day and other key customer data. We provide Hadoop clusters for running analytics and machine learning algorithms, maintain BI and reporting tools, and run web services to make all of this data available to developers inside and outside of Oracle.
We are looking for an expert big data engineer who can help drive the next version of our architecture to support new sources of data and new end-users.
- Help set a broad vision for the Opower Data Platform. You will need to understand how all of the pieces of the platform work together to deliver a cohesive product suite.
- Be a hands-on engineer. We expect our top engineers to contribute to the code base, both working on key components themselves and participating in code reviews with others.
- Mentor other engineers on the team about best practices in a modern data architecture.
- Work across Oracle Utilities to understand the needs of other development teams and adjust our architecture and roadmap accordingly.
- At least 7-10 years of professional experience as an engineer, with substantial Java and/or Python experience
- Expert in Apache HBase and Apache Zookeeper
- Strong working and theoretical knowledge of MySQL and/or Oracle Database, including common optimizations (analysis of query plans, indexing, etc.) and data warehouse modeling techniques
- Experienced with batch processing applications using technologies such as Hive UDF’s, Oozie workflows, and Spark applications
- Strong background in other distributed applications such as Apache Spark preferred
- Hands-on Hadoop administrative experience preferred
Thanks and Regards,
Enormous Enterprise LLC
Consulting | Innovation | Management